Friday, April 4, 2014

A Little About Me

Well here I go, I'm starting a blog. I got inspired by a blogger friend and finally got convinced after attending the National Art Education Conference in San Diego. A big thanks to "Art with Mr. E" for giving me some excellent tricks of the trade during his conference session. I'm new to this world but really excited to share my experiences with all of you. Here's a little about me!

This is my second year teaching in Appleton, Wisconsin. I teach both Art and Theater at the middle level. It has been one of the funnest, most rewarding experiences of my life. I'll admit that during college, I was hesitant that entering the teaching profession in this time of so much change would be a poor choice, but as soon as I entered my classroom and met my students for the first time I knew I was exactly where I was meant to be. I take great pride in the work I do with my students both challenging and rewarding. I look forward to sharing BOTH with you.

On a more personal level, I am happily married for almost two years to the wonderful Adam. He has been a rock for me since the day I met him. He works at a local photography studio called Jackson & Co. I tell you, being married to a fellow artist is just fantastic and I recommend it to everyone :). Adam and I just recently bought our first house, that we share with our obnoxiously, adorable cats. The past year has been filled with fun house projects and exploring all that comes with home ownership.

I look forward to sharing ALL this crazy chaos that makes up my life! Let's start this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment